Calmfidence® Daily: Tips & Tricks to Communicate with Calm & Confidence Inside & Out
Do you go through an energy crisis during the day?
Many of my clients tell me they crash mid-day. As their energy decreases, their stress and anxiety increases especially when they still have to be on point, perform at work, or communicate with calm and confidence with co-workers, clients, customers, and even their family and friends.
Here are some ways to perk yourself up and feel renewed with self-assured energy:
- Rub your earlobes and squeeze your eyebrows. This acupressure trick clears your head and dulls pain above the neck.
- Get in a better mood with the scent of lemon and lime. Studies show smelling citrus simultaneously perks up your senses as it eases tension and anxiety. Citrus has been found to cut down on production of the stress hormone cortisol. Find it in candles, natural air fresheners, or slice up some citrus and breath in the scent before placing wedges in a glass of water for a refreshing drink.
- Grab a hard-boiled egg. Eggs are satisfying and packed with protein that can give you a steady source of sustained energy throughout the day.
- An apple a day keeps the crash away! With a dynamic duo of natural sugars and fiber, apples provide a slow release of energy for hours.
- Go nuts with Walnuts! These nuts are high in Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and antioxidants that increase your energy level. Plus nuts provide carbs and fiber to sustain that energy boost.
- Laugh out loud. Humor improves your mood and may spur you to take on more high-energy activities.
- Focus on your breathing. The deep abdominal kind will calm your heart rate and rush energizing oxygen throughout your body.
- Soak up a little sun. Light stimulates neurotransmitters in your brain, such as serotonin and dopamine, which increases motivation. Take a break and walk outside for a few minutes or sit by a window.
- Down a glass of water. Dehydration wears you down, even before you feel thirsty. Water will revive you.
- Do a 7th inning stretch like they do in baseball. Stretch your arms up to the ceiling, roll your head and neck and shake it out. You’ll feel a calming relief followed by a boost in your energy.
Take a few minutes to do an energy check before an important meeting or communication situation and use some of these highly effective tips to ensure you show up with energized Calmfidence® to finish out your day.
Patricia Stark is Author of the new book: Calmfidence: How to Trust Yourself, Tame Your Inner Critic, and Shine in Any Spotlight. Available at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Audible, and your favorite bookstore.