HUDSON MARKET ON MAIN OFFICIALLY OPENS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26
Hudson Market on Main officially reopens on October 26 after a temporary closing due to sidewalk improvements on Broadway in Nyack. The partnership with Genuine Foods continues with Chef Christopher Krail at the helm of the kitchen, offering a variety of scratch-made sandwiches, salads, pastas and vegetable dishes evoking classic, comfort-food favorites.
As a Taste NY business, the Market’s new menu will feature ingredients sourced from Hudson Valley vendors. Taste NY highlights the quality, diversity, and economic impact of food and beverages grown, produced, or processed in New York State. Taste NY aims to create new opportunities for producers through events, retail locations, and partnerships.
Hudson Market on Main will offer an extensive salad station with a seasonal selection of soup. Sandwich options will include the following:
· Crispy Chicken Bruschetta with crispy chicken breast, marinated tomatoes, artichoke caponata on ciabatta
· Grilled Cheese Deluxe with provolone, Swiss, cheddar, American and gouda on buttered brioche with a side of tomato soup
· Roast Beef Au Jus with roast beef, provolone, roasted peppers, horseradish au jus on a Kummelweck hard roll
· Cuban with pulled pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, chipotle mayo on a press hot baguette
· California Burrito with rice, beans, shredded chicken, salsa, sour cream, guacamole on a flour tortilla
· Veggie Melt with eggplant, mushroom, roast pepper, zucchini, onion and pepper jack served panini-style
· Geller Gobbler with thick-sliced turkey, cranberry jam, onion jam and gravy on white bread
· Italian Combo with salami, mortadella, prosciutto, mozzarella, pesto, lettuce, pickled peppers on a grinder roll
A new catering menu includes cold salads, platters and a variety of pasta and vegetable side dishes. Entrees include Chicken Cordon-Bleu with roasted potatoes and vegetables, Shrimp Scampi over linguine with sauteed spinach, Sausage & Peppers with creamy pesto penne and Pork Loin Roulade stuffed with apples and cabbage, served with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The store is also stocked with packaged foods and home goods produced by various New York small businesses all available for purchase.
During the Market's closure, a survey was conducted to better understand and serve the market's customers. A total of 157 people responded to the survey, and the overwhelming majority wanted the Market hours to remain the same. The Market will be open Wednesday through Sunday from 11am to 7pm. Orders can be placed online here https://www.toasttab.com/hudson-market/v3/.
Rockland Community College Instagram: @sunyrockland Facebook: @SUNYRCC
Hudson Market on Main Facebook: Hudson Market on Main Instagram: @Hudsonmarketonmain Yelp: Hudson Market on Main Google Business: Hudson Market on Main
Genuine Foods Instagram: @genuine_foods Facebook: Genuine Foods Company
About Genuine Foods
Genuine Foods is a quality-focused food service company that shuns packaged, processed and frozen ‘food’ in favor of scratch-made, wholesome, culturally relevant meals created with fresh, vibrant seasonal ingredients. Genuine Foods services K-12 schools, higher education, senior and hospital facilities and communities. Founded in 2015 by Jeff Mills, the longtime Director of Food & Nutrition Services for Washington D.C. Public Schools, the Genuine Foods team seeks to bring a radical, nationwide change to how foodservice looks — all at a refreshingly competitive price — especially in communities where poverty, obesity and health issues are prevalent.
About Rockland Community College, State University of New York
Rockland Community College offers a safe, supportive learning environment for thousands of students from diverse backgrounds. Many of the programs offered —including culinary arts — are designed to teach specific skills in a concentrated time frame so students can start a new career, earning a good salary, in less than one year. More information can be found at https://sunyrockland.edu/